JYD Project, Inc. is the parent organization for the Vegas Ballers, and JYD Sport & Health youth basketball programs. JYD Project, Inc is a nonprofit corporation led by professional men and women who volunteer their time and efforts to help expose youth to the essential educational and athletic disciplines necessary to become productive student-athletes.
Academic and athletic guidance are the basic concepts of the program. Our academic goal is not only to assist in improving grades but also to encourage youth to learn to retain and apply information. Basketball will be used as a means to show the importance of using this technique.
Another original goal of the program was to increase college and university awareness of Southern Nevada’s student-athlete talent pool. With the past success of the program, since its beginnings in the DC-MD. area, our reach has grown beyond Southern Nevada to include the entire West Coast.
Participating in regional, and national camps & tournaments is one ways of achieving that goal of providing exposure to our students. JYD Project, Inc. uses basketball, a sport that does not depict one’s economic, social status, or educational level as a medium to capture the attention of young students.
TBA, Director of Event Operations
TBA Director of Business Development
The Recruiting Guidance Program provides support and direction to student-athletes and their families during the very complicated college recruiting process.
- Assisting with NCAA rules and guidelines
- NCAA course and test requirements
- Setting up home and campus visits
- Providing research and background information
- Field phone calls
- Many other duties
The most important service of this program is to help the student-athletes that are not heavily recruited by college programs. Our program does everything that it is capable of to bring more awareness to student-athletes in the program and help them secure a college scholarship.
Goals and Objectives
- The program will focus on youth throughout their elementary, middle, high school and college careers.
- Southern Nevada is the primary geographic area of focus, but also includes the entire West Coast.
- Develop and maintain a long-term relationship and commitment to the program’s participants.
- Establish a presence in the community and in the lives of the youth we encounter.
- Help youth develop their leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Provide proper guidance and support for participants that otherwise may be missing from their lives.
- Increase exposure of participants’ athletic and academic skills to college coaches and scouts.
- Increase the number of student athletes from this region earning college scholarships.
- Increase the number of student athletes from the region earning college degrees.
JYD Project, Inc. is an organization that is very instrumental in the development of student athletes in from the East to the West coast. Established in 1997, the organization has grown at a successful pace and is now regarded as one of the most little known athletic guidance programs in the country.
Known mostly for its connection with Team Turner AAU on the East Coast and Findlay Prep Basketball on the West coast, JYD has become extremely popular among both inner city and suburban youth in Southern Nevada. JYD has the honor of boasting an impressive roster of kids from the area and around the country that have participated in the program. JYD is extremely proud of the hundreds of former student-athletes that have gone on to attend college to further their education and continue their basketball careers.
The program was created with 12 student-athletes from the Washington-DC area in the spring of 1997. These 12 kids were taken to events in New York, Las Vegas, and more under the team name Team Turner.